[pp.int.general] Pirate Party of Germany chooses proprietary software

Felipe Sanches juca at members.fsf.org
Sun Jul 31 00:10:39 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Aza <rata_0071 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/7/30 Boris Turovskiy <tourovski at gmail.com>
>
>> Ahoi,
>>
>> > Which software is this? what does it do?
>> It's basically a database program which coordinates the accounting
>> (income/expenditures) and the member management (members by regional
>> association). Until now we've used spreadsheets for accounting, which is
>> OK for a group of 100 people but is somewhat uncomfortable for 12000.
>> The link is
>>
>> http://vorstand.piratenpartei.de/2011/07/19/start-der-umsetzung-des-beschlusses-uber-die-verwaltungssoftware/
>> (German) - while the posting was intended to be trolling the decision is
>> not, and is final.
>>
>> Best regARRRds,
>> Boris
>>

> 40k € in management software nice, may the trolling begin,
> did you ask for the icon to be in cornflower blue?

The right thing to do when there is no libre software available for a
specific task is to hire someone to develop it. I am pretty sure you could
develop a libre management software for 40k and solve the issue not only for
the pirate party in germany, but for every pirate party in the world and
also for every organization that has similar needs.

And please stop saying I am an idiot because of my political views!