[pp.int.general] Pirate Party of Germany chooses proprietary software

Christian Hufgard pp at christian-hufgard.de
Sun Jul 31 09:06:37 CEST 2011

On 31.07.2011 08:29, Pirat at LennStar.de wrote:
> No, you can't make a program and test it very very thoroughly in a few
> month with 40K that other people needed years and defninitely much more
> money for.

Show us the spec...

> We are not talking about managing your home finances, we are talking
> about 12.000 people that have to be managed with very different rights
> distributed to 100(?) people in the country with the most laws on the
> world.

So what? The laws are totally irrelevant, because nobody needs a tax
software but a finance management software. There is is little
difference between both...

> With it, it is possible to program something FOSS in propably 4 years I
> think was said is needed with current manpower - for an alpha.

Of course you can say that it takes an aweful bunch of time. Especially
if you _want_ the proprietary software it will be pretty easy to find
reasons not to look for a free solution.

Christian