[pp.int.general] Pirate Party of Germany chooses proprietary software

Christian Hufgard pp at christian-hufgard.de
Sun Jul 31 10:18:34 CEST 2011

On 31.07.2011 09:57, Sebastian Nerz wrote:
> [...]

If that's the spec, hacking down the code would take less than a week...

>>> We are not talking about managing your home finances, we are talking
>>> about 12.000 people that have to be managed with very different rights
>>> distributed to 100(?) people in the country with the most laws on the
>>> world.
>>
>> So what? The laws are totally irrelevant, because nobody needs a tax
>> software but a finance management software. There is is little
>> difference between both...
>
> Actually we need both. In addition we need a reporting- and controlling
> software and a software to handle memberships and a software to link all
> of them.

That's far away from what's mentioned in the wiki...

>>> With it, it is possible to program something FOSS in propably 4 years I
>>> think was said is needed with current manpower - for an alpha.
>>
>> Of course you can say that it takes an aweful bunch of time. Especially
>> if you _want_ the proprietary software it will be pretty easy to find
>> reasons not to look for a free solution.
>
> We did look for FLOSS as you do know quite well.

I know the 200k-figure. And I know that we have a pretty couple of well
educated software developers, architects and people that know how to
handle financial stuff. In hessian Lothar already wrote a software that
handles our finances.

Maybe all the stuff that is not written down in the wiki makes the
software more complicated. But if we cannot write a software handling
our finances, how do we want to build a government for a whole country?

Christian