[pp.int.general] WIPO DG mentions Pirate Party in speech to Blue Sky conference

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Wed Mar 2 10:45:01 CET 2011

As one would expect from WIPO, he used the term "intellectual
property" and thus made a statement so broad it hardly even relates to
real criticism.

    It's my belief that Pirates should respond to this challenge - that we
    should open constructive dialog with this DG.  Even if he considers
    some of our views extreme, it also sounds like he'd be willing to
    listen to and discuss our views and potential solutions.

It is worth a try, but it is important to take care
not to try to reduce what we ask for to something he might accept.
We don't want him to influence us more than we influence him.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation