[pp.int.general] WIPO DG mentions Pirate Party in speech to Blue Sky conference

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) rick at piratpartiet.se
Wed Mar 2 15:22:46 CET 2011

I agree -- sometimes it is useful to say that we must repeal the ban on
copying, pure and simple.

But saying "copying monopoly" doesn't associate to copyright strongly
enough for most people to understand that that's what you're talking
about. To say "copyright monopoly" is to associate copyright (previously
known) with monopoly (negative connotation) in the listener's mind.

Also, I agree with your previous post that we must use the same language
internally as we do externally. Anything else is ... well, not setting
up for success.

Cheers,
Rick