[pp.int.general] WIPO DG mentions Pirate Party in speech to Blue Sky conference

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 12:24:27 CET 2011

On 07.03.2011 12:09, Richard Stallman wrote:
> I believe what you say about them, but why should these details
> of some business's legal tactics matter to us?

IPR are a means to an end ("we want to have IPR so that we can control
information"), not an end to a means ("we want to control information so
that we can have IPR"). If /we/ have the end of releasing, or freeing,
up use of information, we need to always be able to argue against the
/means/, not the specific nature of those means.

> Contract law is not one of the laws sometimes referred to as
> "intellectual property".

Indeed it is not.

/a