[pp.int.general] WIPO DG mentions Pirate Party in speech to Blue Sky conference

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Sun Mar 13 11:45:34 CET 2011

    IPR are a means to an end ("we want to have IPR so that we can control
    information"), not an end to a means ("we want to control information so
    that we can have IPR").

In general, a law is supposed to be a means to some end.  So why would
people think it was otherwise with these dozen-or-so disparate laws?
Because the term "intellectual property" suggests it to them!

So the most direct way to correct this mistake is to explain that it
is a false idea that came from the misguided term "intellectual
property".

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation