[pp.int.general] Media and record labels are in the same fucked up boat

Victor Love info at victorlove.com
Tue Mar 15 10:45:26 CET 2011

Below you have a clear example about how media and music industry is totally
fucked up.
They refused to publish a news about an alternative model for music cause it
states "pro-piracy". Something you'd not expect by an independent
journalist.

Reasons IMO (by direct experience in this businness since '98):
1) they fear to lose their pre-scheduled articles, interviews etc they
usually sell in change of advertisements bought by labels
2) they know that piracy is making useless their role of "suggesting" music
simply cause people don't give a fuck about reviews when they can listen to
it directly on the web
3) There are some magazines that are run directly by record labels
4) They just can't realize the entire world is changing around them and
there's a new generation of pirates that is gonna take over very soon ;)

Cheers

Victor
Dope Stars Inc.
www.dopestarsinc.com