[pp.int.general] An international online forum

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 02:13:03 CET 2011

On 3/21/2011 8:42 PM, Christopher Sheats wrote:

> Hello
>
> This link appears defunct:
> http://www.pp-international.net/forum/index.php

There was a forum, and indeed an entire website.

the last board abandoned it.

- From January 4th PPI board meeting
"4.2 - Website down (proposed by Jerry)
Website is still down. Who can finally solve this?
Hard disk crash, Gregory is in contact. Backup is there, should be up
soon. Redirection to wiki and calendar."

ALthough I guess that was the first time they could deal with it
(despite it being down for a while by then) since they'd not bothered to
follow their own statutes and meet at least once a month (their last
meeting was November 23rd) and their next meeting wasn't until Feb 1st,
at which point they were so busy with their (local) PPI Conference to
focus on the actual everyday work of the PPI.

Still, they're gone now, and a new lot are in. Here's hoping things get
better (although, to be honest, it couldn't get much worse)

Andrew

> Is anyone interested in helping develop http://forum.pirate.is/ ?
>
> I don't need to explain to you all why the international PP movement
> is significant. There needs to be a centralized location for open
> discussion about politics and party organization. PPI has a
> responsibility to provide communication channels fully open to people
> interested in starting a PP in their region. The PPI wiki is not
> sufficient and does not meet this simple objective.
>
> The forum platform that I'm using for forum.pirate.is is phpbb, an
> open source bulletin board system that natively supports 42 languages.
> I am completely open to all suggestions, and I'm actively searching
> for volunteers to help develop, administer and moderate portions of
> the forum.
>
> Thank you.

Pirate Parties International - General Talk
pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net