[pp.int.general] R: Pirate Party in Italy

Marco Confalonieri marco.confalonieri at email.it
Tue Mar 22 13:05:50 CET 2011

Il 22/03/2011 11.42, Andrea Manfredini ha scritto:
> First of all, of course I agree with you: in our case, it's not time for the
> Court of Arbitration yet.
> Maxime talked me about it and I've check what it was about. Please consider
> that I was just asking rules, email and contacts for the future.
> I can even tell you I'm not sure that the CoA will be the only way to go
> forward; I still hope that after a difficult begin, we will find a
> collaborative way of going forward together.

That would be absolutely desirable.

> Talking about marijuana (???), you're moving the discussion on another field
> and I don't understand why. It doesn't allow other members of the list to
> understand what's really happening between us.

I just cited it as it seemed to me that it was the only difference you
really explained between the manifesto of PP-IT and your vision.

> You know that the problem is not the "political vision". We all share the
> same values and objectives.
> Maybe we are not in line with your way to communicate and work as I've
> already write in my first topic.
> But also, these are still not real problems at all.
> In fact, it's quite crazy because let me tell you: THERE IS NOT A SINGLE F**
> PROBLEM FROM OUR SIDE!!! :))

I thought from your first message that the way of communicating was the
main problem.
> No, listen, seriously, I have to be very clear here.
> The matter of the discussion is very simple for me:
> We are founding a Young Pirate Party in Italy and I was asking how to do it.
> That's all.

The main point is that this fragmentation won't be of any good. So the
matter of discussion is: WHY do you want to start a new party?
There is nothing permanently unchangeable, so many of us don't see why
you cannot join us and vouch for your ideas inside the party.

> As soon as I wrote this simple question (both in the Ita and Int public/open
> lists) a kind of HURRICANE came out.

I suppose many people has seen your mail as a provocation. However, I
think you should ask them directly :-)

> Sincerely, I don't understand why all you, members of the PP Ita, are
> feeling so upset for this.

Many of us are worried that having many parties will undermine our
battles. Other countries had more than one pirate party, and the result
has always been weakening the position of all of them and of the pirate
movement in general.

> You should be happy when new energies/synergies come to your attention...

In fact I am. And I hope you and your group will decide to join PP-IT
and found a group inside, participate in the internal debate - also with
an internal group of your own, as local groups are largely independent -
and explaining your ideas so that they can be discussed with the other
members.

Regards,

--
Marco Confalonieri