[pp.int.general] An international online forum

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 16:13:27 CET 2011

On 3/22/2011 6:39 AM, Gregory Engels wrote:

> On 22.03.2011, at 02:13, Andrew Norton wrote:
>
>> ALthough I guess that was the first time they could deal with it
>> (despite it being down for a while by then) since they'd not bothered to
>> follow their own statutes and meet at least once a month (their last
>> meeting was November 23rd) and their next meeting wasn't until Feb 1st,
>> at which point they were so busy with their (local) PPI Conference to
>> focus on the actual everyday work of the PPI.
>

> @Andrew: you got what your wanted,

All i've ever wanted (and I've been very clear about this) is a PPI team
that was serious about doing their job, and promoting the cause
WORLDWIDE (not just in Europe). Are you saying I've got that now,
because I didn't have that before? (just yanking your chain there, you
don't have to respond)

> you can stop now to spread your lies
> around. Statutes demand a meeting _at least_ once a month - we did
> conduct our meetings on the weekly basis, except of a two weeks break
> over the christmas/new year. In fact there had been 10(!) meetings
> in the said time frame you are mentioning. I do not like to repeat
> myself, but please stop now.

ten meetings held? or 10 meetings scheduled? I guess it depends on how
you define 'meeting'. Personally, I define one where enough members turn
up (quorum) that it can be considered 'convened'.

I guess it's a matter of 'work done' against 'work planned', or
"actions" against "words".

So, let's make sure there's no misunderstandings. during that time
period, while 10 meetings were scheduled, only the ones I've mentioned
had enough of the then-board bother to turn up, so that any work could
officially be done. The rest of the meetings, despite existing on paper,
didn't actually exist in terms of productivity.

Why is being honest about your shortcomings, saying "yes, we screwed up,
we're sorry" so hard for you? I mean, this is a point you KNEW about,
because we talked about it on March 3rd, although I'll accept how badly
you might have overlooked this topic then, I spelt it out for you at the
time.
14:44:05 «K`Tetch_» it says a lot of things, including quorum for any
meeting, how often have you actually had a meeting with quorum?
14:44:49 «dichter» K`Tetch_: subjectively i would say about 70% of the
time or so?
14:46:10 «&coretx» That is not true dichter.
14:47:12 «K`Tetch_» actually dichter, for 2011, you're at 36%
14:47:32 «dichter» K`Tetch_: don't surprise me.
14:47:33 «K`Tetch_» (4 of 9, the first one of jan, the first 3 of feb)
14:48:09 «dichter» K`Tetch_: for 2011 i spent like every 3rd or 4th day
meeting (without minutes :-p) with the conference matters
14:48:39 «K`Tetch_» if you want to include december, it drops to 4 out of 15
14:48:48 «dichter» ok guys, i gott to run...
14:48:51 «K`Tetch_» (ie NO december meeting had quorum)
14:49:02 «dichter» december is holiday seson, it does not count
14:49:20 «K`Tetch_» one of the 4 in november
14:49:24 «dichter» i was on vacation for two tuesdays
14:49:25 «K`Tetch_» (and then not right from the start)
14:49:40 «K`Tetch_» thats 5 of 19
14:49:44 «K`Tetch_» for the last 4 months
14:49:55 «K`Tetch_» 26%
14:50:04 «dichter» K`Tetch_: you are complaining to the wring person. I
am the one who was at nearly every meeting, if I was not seriously ill
or in the middle of an ocean.
14:50:45 «K`Tetch_» i'm not saying you though, I'm saying that,
technically, any decision made at a meeting without quorum, under the
letter of the statutes, is invalid, no?
14:51:43 «K`Tetch_» and since you're co-head, the failing of the board
to meet as required is partly on your head

(dichter is Gregory)

> @All: regarding forum: The server hosted by a member of the
> swedish pirate party had a crash, and was restored after 2 month
> downtime. However, we do not have shell access to this server,
> and were waiting for the backups to reach us, to rehost the website
> and forum on our host, were everything is prepared. The new board
> got all the passwords and can decide now either to not to wait any
> longer and set up a new forum, or to pursue the steps to restore the
> old one.

Someone else already called you on THIS lie, so I won't bother.

> sincerely yours,

After seeing all the lies from you, all the double-talk, the weaseling,
I'm sorry Gregory, but I'm not sure if you know how to be sincere. It
means "free of deceit, hypocrisy, or falseness" and that's not really
you, is it....

> Gregory Engels
> International Coordinator
> Pirate Party of Germany