[pp.int.general] court of arbitration

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 17:12:45 CET 2011

On 3/22/2011 11:47 AM, Maxime Rouquet wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The Court of Arbitration was created by an amendment of the Statutes
> adopted on March 12th. It was easy to anticipate that things would be
> complicated, but the majority of the Members of the PPI decided to
> create it anyway...
>
> As it was not anticipated, the Members present in Friedrichshaffen (and
> the ones connected from remote) had to find members for this court and
> elect them at the last moment on March the 13th.

Why did they? Another election, held online, could have been done
instead. No notifications of the election, not even a public
announcement of the results, or that an election was held or 'about to
be held in an hours time' was made.

This is why we have a schedule though. If this was a possibility (and
remember, the "statutes all had to be in 4 weeks before" then it should
have been allowed for on the schedule if it was to happen there.

> Everybody was free to run candidate but as mostly European parties were
> present, it is not surprising that only people from these countries ran
> candidate.

If you don't know about the election, how can you run a candidate? You
can't, thus only a few select parties were free to run candidates.

> It is an independent organ from the Board, which explains why they had
> no particular reason to speak about it.
>
> Maxime Rouquet
> (member of the Court of Arbitration)

By far and away the only thing to do, is to call it void, and hold the
election properly. Otherwise, the court has no legitimacy, as it is
comprised only of those who were lucky enough to attend.

II. Goals
(1) The goals of the association are:
(a) to act according to  the  major interests and goals of its Members,

Saying that we legitimise elections which are called with no notice,
enforced limited participation, and done 'quickly and quietly' is what
we're doing by packing the court that way.
Doesn't seem to acting in the major interests and goals of the members,
that.

So, when are the elections for the Court going to open?

- --
Andrew Norton
http://ktetch.blogspot.com
Tel: (352)6-KTETCH [352-658-3824]