[pp.int.general] court of arbitration

Thomas Gaul thomas.gaul at pp-international.net
Tue Mar 22 20:25:07 CET 2011

Am 22.03.2011 18:33, schrieb Andrew Norton:
> On 3/22/2011 1:14 PM, Maxime Rouquet wrote:
> > On 03/22/2011 05:46 PM, Andrew Norton wrote:
> >> HOWEVER
> >> XII
> >> (4)The Board is elected by the General Assembly at the regular sessions
> >> or if an extraordinary session is requested for that purpose.
>
> > The Court of Arbitration is not the Board. The relevant parts in the
> > Statutes are :
>
> > IX. General Assembly
> > (6) The General Assembly shall adopt its own rules of procedure.
>
> > X. Functions of the General Assembly
> > (1) The functions of the General Assembly are:
> >   (d) to hold elections of the Board, and other committees,
>
> *sigh* since you've not bothered to read the statute (or if you did, you
> didn't understand them) you didn't understand the point I was making
> "(7) The Court of Arbitration shall have between three and seven
> Members. ***The provisions concerning the election of the Members of the
> Board and vacancies apply accordingly."***
>
> Thus they could be elected at an extraordinary meeting, which is what
> SHOULD have happened.

So this is your point of view. The General Assembly thought differently.
You and nobody else have delivered any objections to the GA so it is as
it is. As we all know the highest organ within PPI is the General
Assembly. If you do not agree, there is a standing Court of Arbitration
which can be attended if PP-US does oppose.

You are a free democrat and it is legitimate to ask them for a decision
as it is your right to go for a quorum asking for a new meeting of the GA.

> > There are elections where you just vote "Yes" or "No" or for somebody,
> > and there are elections where you decide of the future of an
> > organization. Most of the participants, from all over the world, played
> > the game and made efforts to be present or watch the stream all the time
> > ; not just for the parts they thought were "relevant". (Not to speak
> > about the pirates who spent hours driving, or even crossing the
> > Mediterranean by boat, just to be here these two days...)
>
> Very commendable for them. Unfortunatly, I could not be there (no matter
> how much I wanted to, even if I could afford it) and snince it started
> at approx 3am local time, I had to prioritise. THUS that's why we have a
> schedule. So that we can make sure we each know what's going to happen,
> so we can prepare for it. It allows time for candidates to be proposed,
> to be looked at, and decisions made before voting. That way we don't end
> up with a court packed by "the only 7 people to nominate themselves".
Semantics. - Go ahead and try to organize the 3rd General Assembly in
the USA. Just do it and I believe the it won't be at 3 am your time and
the meeting will be different in any way.

But for your wording "the only 7 people to nominate themselves": it
sounds like an insinuation, which is (so I do believe) not your intention.

Best regards

Thomas