[pp.int.general] court of arbitration

Brendan Molloy brendanmolloy at pirateparty.org.au
Wed Mar 23 04:12:25 CET 2011

Watching it from the inside, remotely, was very weird too.

We attempted to voice our concerns about the election, and I posted no vote
as the process was illegitimate. You cannot run elections for such an organ
of PPI without prior consent of all parties so they may research who you are
proposing and what their qualifications are.

It also seems that the Europeans do not appreciate the difficulty of
attending a conference remotely when your voice is essentially quelled by
the man who is meant to be your voice, and a process that makes no
concessions for remote delegates so they may have their concerns voiced.

For instance, if Pirate Party Australia had known that there would be a vote
on representatives for the court of arbitration, we most likely would have
put a person forward; someone possibly legally qualified. We however never
got this chance, because when a vote occurs at 3am, it's pretty fucking hard
to find somebody at such short notice at such an awkward time on a Monday
morning.

And that's not even my biggest issue. The major issue is the absolutely
non-democratic method of election that occurred. It was farcical. The
chairman refused to allow the candidates to have a short monologue about who
they are and answer any questions, so I still don't know anything about
them. You can't make an informed decision when no information is given.

Four remote delegate parties have written a formal letter of complaint in
regards to the issues faced by the remote delegates, and we did consider
"walking out" of the proceedings a few times, but due to the management of
remote delegates, who would have noticed? Nobody.

Regards,
Brendan Molloy
Pirate Party Australia

M: +61 434 069 776