[pp.int.general] court of arbitration

Brendan Molloy brendanmolloy at pirateparty.org.au
Wed Mar 23 12:01:08 CET 2011

All I could think while reading this is that you've proven the illegitimacy
of the court of arbitration as you Maxime,  one of the court's 'elected'
members, is unwilling to listen to, or dare I say, arbitrate, the issues
facing some members of PPI. It's disgusting.

For reasons such as the statements you have just made prove to me you are
insuitable for a position on the court of arbitration, because even in such
a situation as this, you are incapable  of facing the issues facing remote
delegates, and taking the weakest stance possible and pushing to further
limit their access.

The remote delegates put forward several proposals to the board that will
require minor modifications to the running of the assembly without direly
affecting the way it runs, and possibly improving the format for the benefit
of everybody.

If anything, there should be a proposal for an amendment enshrining the
equality of remote delegates with physical delegates. You people need to get
out of this "us and them" mindset. Europe is part of the World, and so are
we. What happens when the assembly is hosted in Australia, New Zealand or
North America?

Perhaps then Europe will wish they had taken greater notice of current
technology they could use to improve the situation for remote delegates, to
allow everyone to have an equal opportunity to have their voice heard and
actually take part.

I'm glad that fees weren't made mandatory, because right now, there is
absolutely no way I could justify paying them when members of PPI would be
happy to censure other members at their whim.

Disgraceful.

2011/3/23 Maxime Rouquet <maxime.rouquet at partipirate.org>

> On 03/23/2011 09:58 AM, Kenneth Peiruza wrote:
> > We are quite used to have every kind of problems with remote delegates.
> > this is the second time and nothing improved at all, it even went worst.
>
> I do not know what will happen about the actual Court of Arbitration
> but, next time, I am starting to think about submitting an amendment to
> the PPI statutes that says only people present shall vote at the General
> Assembly.
>
> If you want to vote, either you will come in person, or you will give
> your vote power to a delegate ; and only you will be responsible for
> contacting him/her. (This is actually what some parties did.)
>
> I warn you because, if such measure is adopted on the status amendment
> phase, it will work for the Board and Court of Arbitration elections ;
> so in case such an amendment is adopted, you better have a delegate
> present.

Regards,
Brendan Molloy
Pirate Party Australia