[pp.int.general] court of arbitration

Peter Brett p.brett at pirateparty.org.uk
Wed Mar 23 12:28:14 CET 2011

On 23 March 2011 11:22, Maxime Rouquet <maxime.rouquet at partipirate.org> wrote:
> On 03/23/2011 12:13 PM, Yves Quemener wrote:
>> The debian foundation manages this, and it is a much bigger project than
>> the PP-int is at the current point.
>
> PPI votes are secret (meaning : you do not know who voted for what, you
> just have the right number of paper sheets... and remote votes that are
> public).
>
> You cannot achieve a vote that you can both keep secret and check for
> fraud with electronic voting. (AFAK debian foundation votes are public?)

Yes, you can. We use a web voting system based on OpenSTV for all our
internal party votes and elections. It works really well, and is both
anonymous and verifiable.

                         Peter

--
Peter Brett <p.brett at pirateparty.org.uk>
Campaigns Officer, Pirate Party UK

The Pirate Party of the United Kingdom is a political party registered
with the Electoral Commission in England, Scotland and Wales.
http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/