[pp.int.general] court of arbitration

Brendan Molloy brendanmolloy at pirateparty.org.au
Wed Mar 23 12:11:58 CET 2011

There is absolutely NO LOGICAL REASON to justify what you are proposing in
2011. Remote voting doesn't work properly because the systems haven't been
implemented to cater for it. You implement them once and bam, you have a
successful congress each year.

Bloody hell, if almost every party I know of can run online meetings and do
online votes in real time, why the fuck can't PPI handle it?

2011/3/23 Maxime Rouquet <maxime.rouquet at partipirate.org>

> On 03/23/2011 11:28 AM, Marcus Kesler wrote:
> > So the PPI will become simply another party like all the others,
> > abandoning technology and letting the power to vote only be held by
> > those wealthy enough to travel across the world and attend meetings?
>
> If the remote voting does not work properly, basing the GA on it is worse.
>
> We all make sacrifices. If you have not enough money to send one
> delegate to one meeting once a year, you can still chose a local person
> as a delegate. Imperfect as (s)he can betray you, but it will be your
> problem, and all the General Assembly will not be responsible of it.
>
> And I mention this because I think about such amendment and I want you
> to prepare yourselves a long time before, but it will still have to be
> accepted by the GA. (Like the Court of Arbitration, except this time,
> you will have been warned almost one year in advance that things could
> turn that way...)

Regards,
Brendan Molloy
Pirate Party Australia