[pp.int.general] court of arbitration

Nuno Cardoso nuno.cardoso at partidopiratapt.eu
Fri Mar 25 01:39:23 CET 2011

 I try not to involve myself too much in the "flame wars" that sometimes
invade this list, but I guess I have to say something here as the
international coordinator for the Portuguese Pirate Party.

We voted yes on the Court of Arbitration because we think it is a necessary
tool for some occasions where an outside opinion for intransigent disputes
is in order. We knew that it would be voted, and if accepted people would
have to be elected for it during the conference. As we attended the whole
conference, although remotely, we didn't miss any of the procedures or
voting sessions, even those that only emerged as motions during the
conference itself or the the CoA election that resulted from the
accepted amendment.
We only have one thing to complain, and it isn't related to the vote itself,
being remote or not, being secret or not.
The problem was that we wanted to know something more about the people being
voted other than just their names, and despite our requests, nobody relayed
them.
A presentation of the candidates was needed, and was not given, and our
requests ignored. That was the problem, not the voting itself...
Our vote went in and was received, it was our request that was not met,
because it was not heard.
A full-time remote delegate proxy person was needed, and in that particular
issue the lack of it became a problem.

BTW, our vote was "We know none of these people, had no info or introduction
to any of them, so we vote BLANK", but now that at least the opinions of one
of them are known, yours, we would probably ranked you as our last choice,
and be sure that our vote on such undemocratic amendment will be NO!

Nuno