[pp.int.general] Social r-evolution in Spain - #spanishrevolution

Josef Ohlsson Collentine josef at collentine.com
Thu May 19 11:43:26 CEST 2011

second night for me camping in Barcelona for the protests. As David said
most of the issues are very related to pirate politics. The people
organizing the protests don't want to have politicians only representing
their parties there, so PP members are there individually and not as part of
PP.  I believe the challenge for Partido Espana and piratas de catalunya
will be to get enough exposure about their party so people know who they are
and that they want similar things as the protests. If the connection could
be done in a good way this would mean many votes in the elections.

Protests are growing and spreading quick. First night in Bcn there were
46campers, second night ~100?. Last night I heard figures of 250 campers and
4000 people earlier during the night. Madrid  Rumors about them lasting
until end of May and major newspapers are drawing parallels with Tahrir
square in Egypt. Madrid has a much bigger support and despite the ban of the
protests there today there has been several thousand people demonstrating
there

Camps are spreading internationally as well. A list of the camps:
http://www.ikimap.com/map/2CYF

/josef