[pp.int.general] Social r-evolution in Spain - #spanishrevolution (Rok Andr?e)

Jordi Soucheiron jordi at soucheiron.cat
Sat May 21 12:40:37 CEST 2011

A "voto en blanco" is a vote without anything inside of the envelope (I
guess that is what a blank vote is).
The problem with d'Hont system is that given the tiny electoral
circunscriptions that we have in Spain, parties like Izquierda unida (with
around 10% of the votes) only get 1 or 2 seats (Barcelona and Madrid). If
there was only a huge circunscription the system would be more
proportionate, but as of right now thats not the case