[pp.int.general] Social r-evolution in Spain - #spanishrevolution (Rok Andr?e)

Philip Hunt cabalamat at googlemail.com
Sat May 21 12:53:43 CEST 2011

On 21 May 2011 11:40, Jordi Soucheiron <jordi at soucheiron.cat> wrote:
> A "voto en blanco" is a vote without anything inside of the envelope (I
> guess that is what a blank vote is).

So what does that mean -- a vote for no-one? I'm not familiar with
mechanics of voting in Spain, so what is the envelope used for?

> The problem with d'Hont system is that given the tiny electoral
> circunscriptions that we have in Spain, parties like Izquierda unida (with
> around 10% of the votes) only get 1 or 2 seats (Barcelona and Madrid). If
> there was only a huge circunscription the system would be more
> proportionate, but as of right now thats not the case

I understand now, thanks. Do the protestors have any specific
electoral system they want to use instead? (The obvious one would be
to use fewer but larger electoral regions).

--
Philip Hunt, <cabalamat at gmail.com>