[pp.int.general] No PPI board meeting tonight

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Wed May 25 15:10:07 CEST 2011

On 5/25/2011 8:55 AM, Thomas Gaul wrote:
> Dear Andrew!
>
> Am 25.05.2011 13:52, schrieb Andrew Norton:
>> On 5/24/2011 1:40 PM, Pat Mächler  wrote:
>>> Dear pirates,
>>
>>> Four board members (me, Samir, Marcel, and Lola) are currently in
>>> Brussels due to PPI related duties. We decided that we will skip this
>>> meeting within the board, as we will not be attending.
>>> I apologize that this note comes a bit late. We did not had the
>>> opportunity to send it earlier.
>>
>> Doesn't this now mean that it's been more than a month between board
>> meetings, which is a violation of the statutes (which says that it must
>> meet at least once a month)
>>
> Please keep yourself informed. There had been no violation of the
> statutes. The last meeting of the board had taken place a fortnight ago.
> So where is the violation? I can't see any... :)

OK, then, maybe you should start making sure the records
(http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board) are up to date then. Because as
far as THEIR records are concerned, their last meeting was April 26th

If there's no record of a meeting - no agenda, no minutes - how can we
know it happened? We can't.

>> The 4 of you could have held a meeting in person and tape-recorded it
>> (no real difference from what passes as a meeting now)
>>
> Except the rest of the board would have been unable to attend the
> meeting. Here there would have been a violation of the rules :)

They could have been invited to attend, and 4 is a quorum (4 of 6, since
Paul Da Silva resigned 3 weeks ago, another fact not communicated...)

> Best regards
>
> Thomas

- --
Andrew Norton