[pp.int.general] Spanish elections

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Fri May 27 06:50:08 CEST 2011

    It would be very nice to be able to call it GNU/Hurd soon! Now
    that would help solve the controversy.

The Hurd has serious problems that are consequences of its powerful
features.  Nobody knows how to solve these problems.  So I don't
expect the Hurd to replace Linux any time soon.

We don't need to replace the free parts of Linux.  We only need to
replace the nonfree drivers and nonfree blobs for certain peripherals.
That job is a really important one.

If we switched to the Hurd, we would still need those free drivers and
blob replacements.  Thus, the Hurd would not advance us where we
really need to advance.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation