[pp.int.general] Facebook, Gplus, Twitter - use 2 click buttons (if you have to)

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Tue Sep 27 18:34:12 CEST 2011

The ACLU has a clean solution.
Its pages do not have Facebook "like" buttons.
Instead they have a link "like us on Facebook"
which leads to another ACLU page.  THAT page has a Facebook "like" button.

In that page, it can only track the people who intend to click on it.

In the FSF, although we would also like to be visible,
we do not want to encourage the use of Facebook.
So we suggest that people who use Facebook talk about us there,
but we are careful not to encourage the use of Facebook.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation