[pp.int.general] PPI board meeting minutes and PPI GA news

Lola Voronina lola.voronina at pp-international.net
Sun Apr 1 15:16:52 CEST 2012

Fellow Pirates,

Just a few updates from the PPI Board:

Minutes from the last board meeting:
http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board_Minutes_2012-27-03

We would like to remind you that the PPI General Assembly will take place
in Prague 14-15 of April. More information can be found on our web site:
http://pp-international.net/node/517 and on wiki:
http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Conference_2012
Amelia Andersdotter (Member of European Parliament, PP-SE), Laurence
Vandewalle (Political advisor at European Parliament, Greens), Cory
Doctorow (writer, blogger, journalist, co-editor of Boing Boing), Fabio
Reinhardt (Member of Berlin Parliament, PP-DE) and Rick Falkvinge (founder
of the first Pirate Party, PP-SE) will be speaking at the conference.

Socializing event on Saturday will take place in the restaurant U Peronu (
http://www.uperonu.cz/kontakt.html). We haven't decided yet on the place
for the event on Friday evening, we have a few offers, and we want to
choose the best one. We will make the decision during next week and will
keep you updated.

Pirate Parties and organizations applying for the membership in PPI:
http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Conference_2012/applicants
PPI statutes *III (3) *say:
*"Requests for Membership shall be submitted in writing to the Board at*
*least four weeks before the meeting of the General Assembly. They shall
include contact information and a statement on the adoption of the
statutes and internal regulations of the Pirate Parties International, in
addition to a copy of the statutes and by-laws and the political program
of the applicant and information on the background and organization of
said applicant. The Board will transmit the application to all Members at
least two weeks before the meeting of the General Assembly."*
Some applications were received after the 4 weeks deadline period. But we
still included them in our applicants list (with a special mark) and we do
hope that PPI General Assembly as a highest body of PPI can decide to
consider these applications.

Statutes amendments and proposals:
http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Conference_2012/Proposals

Board candidates:
http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Conference_2012/Board_candidatures

Thank you,
--
Lola Voronina
Chief Administrative Officer, Pirate Parties International