[pp.int.general] good news from Italy: there can be only one PP

carlo von lynX lynX at pirate.my.buttharp.org
Mon Apr 2 13:22:19 CEST 2012

[disclaimer: my personal statement]

executive summary: the judge has ruled that the use of pirate party
names and icons is an infringement against the identity of the
italian pirate party (it has nothing to do with copyright, as some
would like to point out to make us look stupid - it's about identity
theft).

therefore http://pirateparty.it will soon cease to exist and the
people around milan, that have been attracted to a fake pirate party
designed to occupy seats in parliaments riding the pirate wave
without actually adhering to it, will have to figure out what has
been done to them.

this also means that anyone else who wants to sail under the pirate
flag in italy should join forces with us rather then split and begone.
we're the ones with the most democratic statutes in the nation.
we're the ones where everyone can participate and be an equal member
from day one.

a good day for the pirate movement, you can cite our case if you're
in similar trouble in your country. see you in prague for details.

 psyc://psyced.org/~lynX - http://my.pages.de - xmpp:lynX at psyced.org
 irc://psyced.org/piraten - https://psyced.org/PSYC/?room=piraten