[pp.int.general] PP-ES Board statement - About Choms who insists in accusing PP-ES in the PPI list.

Francisco George francisco.george at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 18:57:04 CEST 2012

Dear Pirates,

During the last weeks the mails lists of Pirata ES and PPI alike have been
receiving a series of emails from ex Pirate -ES affiliate Choms (his real
name is concealed at his request for reasons we'll explain later). Choms
has been accusing Pirata.ES of several charges we'll don't bother to
discuss in detail in the lists of PPI since they have been discussed in
close detail in the lists of Spain Pirata, they are irrelevant to the PPI,
and for the most part they are insubstantial, misguiding or plain false.

The Board of Spain Pirat would like to make a short statement concerning
the case with this affiliate, since the moderators of the PPI lists seem
unwilling to take any action against his trolling, and since he is echoed
by a specific member of another Spanish Pirate Party who is trying to give
credibility to any accusation made against PP-ES. We hope that this
statement is enough to set the facts straight concerning this ex affiliate
and his intentions towards PP-ES

Ex-Pirata affiliate Choms has been involved in most troubles inside Pirata
for at least one year now, most of the times as instigator. To mention only
some of them:

- In his capacity as administrator of the servers of PIRATA, he launched an
unauthorised "official" voting to just one part of the affiliates.

- In the same capacity, he dismissed several members of his staff without
giving any explanations for doing so.

- As administrator of the servers of PIRATA, he failed miserably to fulfill
any role during several weeks before.

- As administrator of the servers of PIRATA, he discredited the voting
system used for a specific question, in the middle of the voting process.
Note that we not only encourage affiliates to report bugs in the voting
systems, but are constantly improving the systems we have. We do not
consider acceptable that the administrator of the servers cast doubts
against the legitimacy of a on-progress vote that is using a same system
that's been used again and again (in fact, it is the same system he himself
used in his unauthorised votation, this time without objections)

- He has insulted publicly and in private most members of the current and
the previous Board of Pirate. Please, bear in mind that we are not prickly
when allowing the affiliates to express their dissatisfaction with the
board. But we think that sending an email to the public lists called "You
all are sons of bitches" in capitals, as the thread title, and directed to
all the members of the board is not acceptable language (even less is
acceptable behaviour to keep on the same thread for a full day.

- He has been sending letters to the lists of PPI (and now to twitter, etc)
full with the grossest mistakes and contrary-to-fact stories about Spain's
Pirate and his own role in the affairs. You can read all his tweets, giving
his side of the stoty in twitter:https://twitter.com/#!/Choms

- Probably worst of all, for more than nine months he has been threatening
several members of the current and former Board with all kind of legal
suits, without giving plausible explanations. One of the legal threads was
related with the use of his real name together with his nickname in a
document of the party. Apparently he considers that using both designations
together is a crime, in his case.

This is just a part of the claims the party have against Choms.

Now, the situation is that the Comité de Derechos y Garantías (CdDyG, the
party equivalent to the Court of Arbitration) voted by majority to ask for
the suspension of militancy of Choms and MissAllSunday (this is a person
who actively stands by the side with Choms in some the mentioned doings
(those not connected with his role as coordinator of the IT group), and
some more of her own, and who is referred to by her nickname for the same
reasons stated before). This decision was supported by the board (with no
vote to the contrary) and is currently voted by the General Assembly, that
means, by all the affiliates.

Shortly after hearing the decision of the CdDyG to ask for theirsuspension
of militancy, Choms tried to avoid the Assembly vote by asking to temporary
sign off from the party (again, you can read about Choms departure in his
tweets). The party has decided to carry on with the votation.

Upon the CdDyG vote to suspend Choms and Diana of militancy, Choms has
presented at least two legal complaints against members of the Directory
board. The case is so weak and fanciful that we hope the court will dismiss
them as soon as its considers is legal validity. We will be happy to send a
copy of the denounce to the members of the PPI Board, to judge by
themselves.

Now, anybody might ask us why why on Earth did the party never take
official action against this persons before. We are ready to assume this
charge, since our very inability to firmly act against the worst trolls
inside the party are certainly a sign of a dysfunction of the Board in the
past, but finally we are ready to correct this now.

PP-ES National Board