[pp.int.general] Trademarks Argentina [was: Re: please! help and support PP-IT :-)]

Marco van Hulten marco at hulten.org
Sun Apr 8 17:07:15 CEST 2012

Op Sat 07 Apr 2012 23:25:35 CEST schreef Richard:
>     Hi, its not copyright, in Argentina when register a political
> party you have to put  symbols, emblems and logo,
>
>     So, isnŽt like Intelectual property.
>
> "Intellectual property" is such a vague term that it is meaningless to
> say that something is or isn't "like intellectual property".
>
> Did you mean copyright?  I can see this is not an issue of copyright.
> However, "intellectual property" refers to many other laws in addition
> to copyright.

Indeed.  This looks like an issue of trademarks.

One thing that the document says is that the trademarks of the party
will be protected from misuse.  I think that this is fine.

If you cannot use the word "Argentina" or "Argentino" as part of the
name of PPAR within Argentina, that would be a bit stupid in my
opinion.  More or less like Eduardo suggests, I would use "Pirate Party"
only when you really need to and use "Partido Pirata Argentino" for everything else.

Cheers,

Marco