[pp.int.general] MEPs back plans to give air passenger data to US

Daniel Riaño danielrr2 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 11:20:12 CEST 2012

It is already approved. It is only the formalization of a procedure already
working for many years now, with little changes, and the BBC version is
only an extraordinarily bening version of what is approved. In fact, the
data will be (legally) kept for 15 years, but it is doubtful what is going
to happen with the data in "derived" databases. The "strict controls"
mentioned are of the sort: EU: We are givint all this data to you, but you
are going to mask it after 6 months, all right?; USA: eh, sure, we will;
EU: OK, that's fine with us.