[pp.int.general] Towards a Pirate Policy on Environmental Issues

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 02:36:06 CEST 2012

Pe 01.08.2012 02:52, Daniel Riaño a scris:
> 2012/7/29 Amelia Andersdotter <teirdes at gmail.com
> <mailto:teirdes at gmail.com>>
>
>     More than 90% of all Europeans are employed by medium- to
>     big-sized corporations.
>

> this is absolute news to me. Can you give a hint to the source of your
> data?

I suppose I have read it in a Commission study somewhere. I was also
surprised when I read it since the general buzz is that Europe is
endowed with exceptionally many SMEs (about 90% of all our enterprises
are SMEs). It is not my area of expertise so I can't easily relocate the
same study - I hope you provide me with leniency for this.

However, it also makes sense, since medium-sized and larger companies
employ more people - otherwise they would by definition not be
medium-sized or larger companies, since the criteria normally used for
defining such companies in the type of study relevant to cite such
numbers is by number of employees, rather than by turn-over (which
personally, I would find to be a better and more adequate measure of
company size any day).

best regards,

Amelia