[pp.int.general] Fake PP in Argentina

Luiz Cruz luiz at partidopirata.org
Tue Aug 7 15:14:47 CEST 2012

A while ago we received this email:

*de: Matyas Mon <matyasmon a gmail.com>,*
*para: contato a partidopirata.org,*
*data: 14 de julho de 2012 01:00*
*assunto: A question from Argentina..*
*
*
*Hi guys, how you doing? I hope you're all very well. Congratulations*
*for being able to create the party!!*
*
*
*I'm from Buenos Aires, together with a large group of people from a*
*couple of years now we want to create the 'pirate' party in Argentina*
*too, but we have a little/big problem with the denomination. That's*
*why I wanted to ask you: Is it ok by being South American, and after*
*centuries of exploitation by the Spanish and Portuguese empires, to be*
*labeled as 'pirates'?*
*
*
*In addition, we have a well known unresolved conflict over the Islas*
*Malvinas/Falkland Islands (with the greatest 'pirates' of them all,*
*and with a strong nationalistic support not only by argentineans, but*
*from people all over the world). So, we wonder what's your opinion on*
*it, because we want to belong to the international 'pirate' but we*
*think that with this name we will never be able to achieve a greater*
*electoral adherence here in Argentina.*
*
*
*I'll be waiting for your answer,*
*And most of all, I hope this to be the first step in building a bridge*
*between us, and to be able to joint the struggle with you in the*
*future!*
*
*
*A fraternal hug!*
*
*
*
*
*--*
*matt (everything is possible)*
*
*
*ps: I'm learning portuguese right now, I'll be writing in your*
*language next time, I promise ;-)*

2012/8/1 Aza <rata_0071 a hotmail.com>

> 2012/8/1 Josef Ohlsson Collentine <international a piratpartiet.se>:
> >
> > I can confirm that the "digital party" has been in contact with Anna in
> > Piratpartiet but they have not received any support as they seem to have
> > claimed.
> >
> > Basically they said that the "Partido Pirata de Argentina" refused to
> talk
> > to them (which seems odd) and asked Anna to help the digital party by
> > showing she supported them and help to get them talking. They also
> claimed
> > to have a better strategy for winning the elections next year. Waiting
>  for
> > a reply to clear a few questions about substance of claims.
> >
> > Kindly,
> > Josef
>
> Hi Josef,
>   We gave him 2 opportunities to meet us, this saturday will be the
> third. He's a troll. He's just one guy. No mailing list, no group, no
> nothing. Only a private email from where he spams. He even emailed
> each one of the pirates saying we've censored him. He didn't try to
> reach us before creating this "party". All his emails have been full
> of lies and deceptions.
>
>   Personally i'd like to punch him in the face, but i won't cause i'm
> a peaceful pirate :)
>
> regards
> aza

Att, Luiz Felipe Cruz
Partido Pirata do Brasil - Fone:+ 55 91 88732442
Home: www.partidopirata.org  - Twitter/Skype: LuiizCruz