[pp.int.general] (no subject)

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Mon Aug 13 17:19:50 CEST 2012

    Saving megawatts won't give us gigawatts. And costly fuel wont push
    research for renewable energy, but for cheaper fuel.

Remember that we are talking about a tax on fossil fuel.
If it is expensive because it is taxed, all fuel will be expensive.

The only cheaper fuel would be fuel made from renewable energy
and without using nonrenewable resources.  Which might perhaps include
sugar cane fuel, but I am not sure if it is made without petroleum-based
fertilizer.  That petroleum would be taxed too.  Thus, ethanol made
from corn would also become more expensive.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation