[pp.int.general] Herv� Falciani likely to be extradited to Switzerland

Maxime Rouquet maxime.rouquet at partipirate.org
Thu Aug 16 12:22:15 CEST 2012

On 08/16/2012 07:03 AM, Richard Stallman wrote:
> I read an article about Hervé Falciani which said that the French government
> seized the data from him, and only after that did he start cooperating.

One remark : French government is not French justice. They can keep
secrecy on such data, and it is hard for independent justice to have a
look at it after that.

They mostly made opaque deals with the concerned rich people to just get
a part of the money back in the end. How could one call that
whistle-blowing, explain that some of it was dirty money, and call
itself a pirate ?

I do not think we should support Hervé Falciani and make him an example
of whistle-blowing as he first tried to sell data to a foreign country,
but also because in the end the data he "leaked" did not become public,
nor that it did ended in the hands of any independent and capable of
acting judiciary organ.

However, this does not prevent us to communicate on this affair ; but I
would be against anything that would end up being summarized to "Pirate
Party [anything] supports Hervé Falciani".

Regards,