[pp.int.general] PPI GA 2013 - Call for Hosts

Justus Römeth roemeth at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 17:20:36 CET 2012

I think there would be a lot of symbolic value in having the conference in the Americas or Northern Africa, so if there are serious applications those should have priority. There are lots of options to meet each other in Europe besides PPI conferences, it would only be fair to try to allow different parties not to participate remotely (that way the usual suspects learn how hard it is to set up proper remote participation, while 2015's organizers, who are most likely European, could experience remote participation first hand). That is unless we can find a way to pay the travel expenses for a certain number of delegates, as soon as we can make sure every party (=ordinary member) can participate we should just try to keep the costs as far down as possible.