[pp.int.general] On: PPI GA 2013 - Call for Hosts

Josef Ohlsson Collentine international at piratpartiet.se
Thu Dec 6 20:11:28 CET 2012

The reason to place it outside Europe was that a few years back (the GA
before Germany?) someone decided that the next GA would be outside Europe
(don't remember where it's written, some official place making it almost
binding). Because of this there has been massive complaints from Pirates
outside of Europe that wanted to participate. Basically it's a promise to
place the GA outside Europe but so far none outside Europe has been
organized, had resources and enough time to arrange one.

The point of arranging a GA outside of Europe is to spark more activity
there as well as provide an opportunity for people that have, so far, been
prohibited (by too high travel costs) to participate in the European based
GA's.

---

Regarding the other question I assume (correct me if wrong) that there is
no problem for a non-PPI country to arrange a PPI GA (e.g. Tunisia applying
last year).

Personally I hope the PPI GA will be arranged outside of Europe this year.
If not the voices will only be raised for doing this next year which is a
very important event since it's leading up to European elections and  is an
essential opportunity to connect with more Pirates before the elections. If
the GA is held outside Europe there is nothing stopping an European party
arranging another international meeting in Europe at a later date.

/josef

--
*International Contact for PPSE*
Contact me for any questions/concerns or if you need to get hold of someone

*Other contact:*
mail: international at piratpartiet.se
Twitter: @collentine
irc.pirateirc.net user: collentine (always there but slow responses)
Skype: josef.ohlsson.collentine (only important conversations)
Cel: +52 55 48 23 52 83 (text me, if urgent)