[pp.int.general] PPI GA 2013 - Call for Hosts

Hugo POINTILLART hugolelutin at msn.com
Sun Dec 9 02:53:49 CET 2012

Hi all,

In his defense, Travis didn't say that the discussion was "redundant"
but hypothetical since there is no US hosting proposal yet (or am i
misinformed?). I do agree with him, as i don't think it is relevant to
discuss if a host should or not be selected as he has not made a
proposal yet (but that's just my opinion).

In my opinion, activism (or not) of the local parties (the "pro-
europe" argument) should NOT be a criteria for selecting the next host
but rather the amount of work put in by the team to prepare and
organize the event (letter of support, accomodation and other
logistical issues). Otherwise, i do think we are doomed to have
regular and infinite discussions about Est versus West or Americas
versus Europe or other non productive debate that i don't think lead
anywhere. I do think that an "online" (or several) meeting should be a
good addendum to the "face to face" (or call it what you want) General
Assembly, as it would allow more countries to participate efficiently
at a reasonable cost (as it has been pointed out earlier in this
thread).

Piratement

Tywin (PPFR)