[pp.int.general] URGENT: we need your signature

Anton Nordenfur anton at nordenfur.se
Fri Dec 21 15:43:43 CET 2012

> ... you still presume the world is made of people who actually do in
> office what they promised on the website before the elections.. and
> you do not consider signals such as political past of the main players?
> woohoo.. we're in deep sh*t if this thinking should prevail.

Don't put words in my mouth. If a party calls itself the Italian
Pirates, becomes a member of the PPI, and then switches politics
entirely once in office, the PPI can end their membership.

> just imagine dick cheney would come up with a candidacy under the pirate
> signet, don't you think the PPI should say something about it?

If Dick Cheny or anyone else chooses to follow Pirate politics in
office, then sure, that person can go under the Pirate signet, and that
person's organisation can apply for PPI membership. If a Swedish top
politician from an opposing party wanted to switch to the Swedish
Pirate Party, I would welcome that person with open arms - as I welcome
any member choosing to join.

Anton