[pp.int.general] [votopirata] URGENT: we need your signature

lilo alessandra.minoni at pp-international.net
Fri Dec 21 20:27:21 CET 2012

it seems some mail dont enter in m.l....so here the mail from Jaromil.

best, lilo

----- Forwarded message from Jaromil <jaromil at dyne.org> -----

Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 17:28:35 +0100
From: Jaromil <jaromil at dyne.org>
To: Pirate Parties International -- General Talk
<pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net>
Subject: Re: [votopirata] [pp.int.general] URGENT: we need your signature

On Fri, 21 Dec 2012, Marco Confalonieri wrote:

> Il 21/12/2012 16:32, Lindsay-Anne Brunner ha scritto:
>>

>> Listen, it seems like every other week there's a damned problem with
>> i Pirati Italiani. It's becoming quite ridiculous that these internal
>> arguments are being done in such a public manner. Many Pirates have
>> their own. Take it to private emails and stop spamming the rest of
>> us.

[...]

> So these emails are just a warning: if my fellow pirates and I are
> right, just be prepared for a shitstorm coming from Italy; if we are
> wrong and this group won't receive any attention then pardon us for
> the disturb.

I can confirm what Marco is saying. but the communication of this issue
is being handled quite badly: the english text that was posted is not
approved by the assembly and contains several errors, first and foremost
the conceptual one of talking against a generic "right wing" rather than
pointing concrete issues.

OTOH the reality PP-IT is facing is a serious treath. A mediatic take
over of a certain neo-nazi populist group is taking place (not
exagerating here, they blabber about esoteric stuff, mason groups and
wave mussolini pictures and all that). What might seem surreal is more
real than ever since they are going to be aided by what journalist G.
D'Avanzo called once "the mud machine", which consists in the huge
mediatic apparatus that brought Berlusconi to power and that can
basically "produce reality" on the media.

This is all happening in a process which is complementary to the
formation of the Italian Golden Dawn (Greek neo-nazi) and the extreme
right and populist movements around the mediterranean.

Now, I believe that:

-
 no pirate in Europe wants to be associated with this mud

-
 their presence here should be reviewed with a critical eye (yes, I'm
talking about "moramarco" posting google-translated blabber)

-
 PP-IT should not condemn this take-over attempt on the basis of being
"right wing", but on the basis of not cooperating with our Assembly
which repeatedly tried to interact with their issues. They are refusing
to abide to our democratic process and refusing to respond to the
assembly. plus they are trying to claim the paternity of the party with
a different address, year of grounding and moving the assembly on... a
facebook group.

-
 the international pirate party should take clear distance from
neo-nazism and neo-fascism. if done quickly, this would help Italy in
this delicate moment and mediterranean border countries on the longer
term.

at last please accept my apologies for the background noise
Lindsay-Anne. I do understand the feeling. In case the communication
gets overwhelming, I agree it shouldn't be routed here. Mediation
through elected coordinators is the best way. I'll keep the events in
focus and I'll likely join the next PP-EU coordination meeting as an
elected representative together with the previous Italian delegation.

in solidarity,
ciao

--
http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39