[pp.int.general] Why the situation in Italy is different and why it matters for?#ppint

carlo von lynX lynX at pirate.my.buttharp.org
Sat Dec 22 23:12:10 CET 2012

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 10:56:21PM +0100, mattias.bjarnemalm at piratpartiet.se wrote:
> pirate party don't matter. But PPI should not, and can not, interfere

Ok, on this occasion I correct myself and say, all individual Pirate
parties of the world are welcome to make up their minds about the
Italian situation and make some statement about it that we might use
in case this sort of trouble comes up again.

Looks like this time the press figured out what was going on and
happily ridiculed the four mavericks and their Berlusconis new
leadership. I hope they'll stay on our side, I must say we have been
very lucky in our press relationships, totally unlike what I see in
Germany. Most of the inaccurate or bad press we had was caused by our
own "folks."

> movement in italy. (and if we, undoubtly as it might seem, end up with a
> fascist "pirate" party in italyn at the end of the road we can condemn

Matt, I've heard wiser words from you in the past. If we end up with a
fascist "pirate" party we lost one of Europe's largest countries and
being able to say "hey guys, you weren't good enough" won't be of any
comfort.

> So italian pirates: get your act together, stop spamming this list and

On the contrary, we want to build a stronger network of ties and
cooperation with Pirate Parties that stand tall for each other. In
Italy it even sounds good if we say the Kenyan Pirate Party supports
our efforts, no matter how small. Alv has some very nice plans, he will
come up with them as soon as he's elected in office. If ppint isn't the
structure for this.. no prob, we can always make more and more new
structures gleefully.  :)