[pp.int.general] Why the situation in Italy is different and why it matters for #ppint

mattias.bjarnemalm at piratpartiet.se mattias.bjarnemalm at piratpartiet.se
Sat Dec 22 22:56:21 CET 2012

This is written by me being someone purely from the outside of the
whole PP It drama. I am not even a member of a party that is a member of
PPI, so my views of what PPI should and should not do are merely my
personal reflections. Be that as it may I still think I might have some
insightful comments that I am willing to share with all on this list.
Who, as myself, probably considers the numbers of emails regarding
italian internal disputes being all to scarce on the list.

I will not say that Italy don't matter. I will not say that the italian
pirate party don't matter. But PPI should not, and can not, interfere
with the internal strife within or between parties in individual
countries. That is not the role I think anyone truly want for that
organisation. I know for a fact that it is not what we in Sweden
envisioned when we set up the origional PPI-network back in 2006.

I think you all should see this as a test of strenght of the Italian
pirates. If the old Italian Pirate party manage to rise to the challenge
and take a firm control of the pirate identity and movement in Italy,
well, then they deserve their position as representing Italy in PPI. If
they instead falter and let some other movement (or a splinter from
their own) sweep in and take over the scene, well then, quite frankly,
perhaps they were not ment to be the people representing the pirate
movement in italy. (and if we, undoubtly as it might seem, end up with a
fascist "pirate" party in italyn at the end of the road we can condemn
them at that time all the while knowing that at least they weeded out a
group of pirates that was to easy to push aside).

So italian pirates: get your act together, stop spamming this list and
go offline and build a movement that can withstand ettempts of identity
thefts. When you've done that and you have solid results and a firm grip
of the pirate movement in italy, feel free to inform us here. Until
then, please tend to your own , apparently pressing, matters at home
instead of wasting our time with texts about how others should solve
your problems for you.

If you think that your time is best spent spamming this list with
replies to whatever email a former member sends to this list, then you
are truly not fit to run a pirate party in any country. Go out, make a
difference. And waste less of my time while you do it!

Best regards

Mab
PP SE