[pp.int.general] Invitation to Lower Saxony for election-related events in January (Campaign, Workshop, Party)

Justus Römeth roemeth at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 18:36:19 CET 2012

Dear friends and fellow Pirates

It is with great pleasure that I would like to invite you to the final weekend of our election campaign, as there will be a few things to do in Hanover as well as in other parts of Lower Saxony:

Hopefully you have already heard about the international election campaign workshop that is scheduled to take place on January 19 and 20. The focus of said workshop is going to be on how to conduct a campaign on the street: on Saturday with a practical part including visiting various info booths; scheduled for Sunday a more theoretical part with various ideas on how to set up and better utilize international help. We will also discuss what kind of infrastructure should be set up online in order to help these processes.
You can find more information on the workshop as well as sign up for it at our wiki.

On Sunday, the 20th of January, the pirates from Lower Saxony will go out to vote, as will hopefully a big number of Lower Saxons in general. As is tradition in Germany we will then meet from 16:00 onwards at Kulturzentrum Faust to watch the incoming results together. All guests are of course very welcome. (Wikilink, in German, you can also find the basic information in English here).
A similar event is already being planned in Osnabruck at the same time (but it is still in the planning phase and therefore not in the wiki yet). You can see if there is an election party planned at a location more convenient for you in our wiki (information in German, contact me if you have further questions).

It has been a tough month of campaigning for the few active pirates in Lower Saxony, and an even tougher one lies ahead. If you want to support us financially you can find details of it here, but helping hands would be an even more welcome sight. If you can come for a weekend or any other day and want to help, please contact Wahlkampfhilfe on Twitter or Reisebüro (our travel agency).

Very kind regards,
Justus Römeth
International coordinator of the Pirate Party Lower Saxony