[pp.int.general] Other (no sot good) reaction to MU joint complaint campaign

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Wed Feb 1 16:03:35 CET 2012

    > If you are talking about _financial responsibility_, that is a
    > different question.  If the state chooses to handle the shutdown in a
    > way that unnecessarily harms innocent parties, I think the state
    > should be responsible for that much.

    Well, maybe they do not see and innocent customer?

Maybe their eyes are shut.

    I do not know how MegaUpload (and the affiliated pages) works. Do they
    have a simple admin interface where you can set all downloads from
    public to "owner only"?

Why raise these irrelevant side issues?  Whatever they do, a capable
programmer could make this change in a few hours.

      What happens if somebody is on vacation for a
    week? And who pays the money for running the servers? All bank accounts
    have been frozen.

The state should pay for it.  It won't cost much compared with the
prosecution.

If they prosecuted a car repair busines and collected a lot of people's cars,
who would pay for storing those cars for their owners to pick them up?
The state would.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation