[pp.int.general] PPI Court of Arbitration ruling n. 2012-1A

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 01:39:30 CET 2012

On 1/17/2012 7:24 PM, Boris Turovskiy wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
>> Yet when I was the
>> de-facto head of PPI, I decided on Helsinki for that meeting, after the
>> St. Petersberg location was no longer feasible (and for that I think our
>> Finnish associates). Likewise the coreteam that followed made it their
>> choice to host the following meeting in Brussels.
>>
>> CONSIDERING that, the decisions are highly questionable at best...
> You are not seriously criticizing that the PPI changed the
> decision-making procedure from "you/Coreteam/Board choose a location at
> will" to a more democratic open-call-procedure (which, by the way, is
> the normal way to go in democratic organizations)?;)

No, I'm just saying that saying 'there were only 2-and-a-bit offers
made' and that is the only POSSIBLE way is a bit well, silly, and I gave
examples of other methods.

Perhaps a better way is to have said that the position appeared to be
"what do you mean, we asked in a low key way for offers and this is all
we got. Ok it didn't match what was promised but what do you expect us
to do about it? We asked, and that was all the response we got in the
time window we decided. Can't do any more than that! What do you want,
us to proactively try and sort something out?"

sorry if I seem a bit rambling, it's been a very long day.

Andrew