[pp.int.general] MegaUpload raided, shut down on request of US authorities

Boris Turovskiy tourovski at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 10:12:00 CET 2012

Hi,
I rather like the statement of the PPI (which was taken from the Catalan
Pirates^^) [1].

It addresses the issues we have with the raid, but does not voice
support for Megaupload's business model, which would remain illegal
under Pirate copyright reform, as well (as we are advocating freedom of
noncommercial sharing, not of commercial enterprises profiting from
works without a recompense to the authors).

Best regards,
Boris

[1] http://www.pp-international.net/node/515