[pp.int.general] MegaUpload raided, shut down on request of US authorities

Justus Römeth squig at dfpx.de
Sat Jan 21 22:28:36 CET 2012

They host torrents files that link to infringing copyright. Without being
an expert on US law, I am pretty sure that is illegal in the US, because
- even links to streaming sites are illegal as recent cases have shown
- there is a lot of published letters by rightholders, some of them
American, demanding to take the torrents down, citing American law.
- TPB is hosted in Sweden, and even under mounting pressure from Swedish
authority did not move out of Sweden.

And seriously, the best argument you can come up with that you think TPB
would be legal were it hosted in the US? Seriously?

If it would be as easy as you say, why are not European countries, where
holocaust denial or glorifying the Third Reich (by using it's signs and
symbols in a non-historic contest) not going after German-languaged
neo-nazi sides hosted in the US?

Sorry, I am calling bull on all you have said so far in this discussion.
-J

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM, Christian Hufgard <pp at christian-hufgard.de