[pp.int.general] MegaUpload raided, shut down on request of US authorities

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Sun Jan 22 07:30:39 CET 2012

    Did MegaUpload block IPs from the US? Did the adress US customers with
    their ads?

Seriously, why should it matter?  If a company operating in another country
does a kind of business that is illegal in the US, does that justify
arresting the management and trying them in the US?

I don't know the facts about Megaupload, and I don't have an opinion
about it, but I think the issue of US prosecution world-wide is more
important than whether Megaupload is good or bad.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation