[pp.int.general] Support for a platform of Pirata.cat: Megaupload Affected Users

Kenneth Peiruza kenneth at pirata.cat
Sun Jan 22 22:03:46 CET 2012

Dear all,

Pirates de Catalunya (PP-Cat) is going to launch a platform to help
organize a collective civil action against the FBI in Spain for the
damages caused to the users of Megaupload due to the closure of the
service as well as for taking over files with personal information of
Spanish citizens.

Up to 2,5 M Spanish citizens are affected, but even foreigners will be
able to join the cause as well.

We have the support of top-level anti-SOPA lawyers in Spain (Josep Jover
is our chief lawyer) and we will be pleased to help in providing
affected users's contact information to other Pirate Parties members of
PPI which would like to start legal actions against the FBI, thus
maximizing the chance to get a favorable sentence.

We are have a basic contact form and a minimal informational site in
Catalan, Spanish, Galician and English here:
(Work in progress, we expect it ready by 8 AM)

http://megaupload.pirata.cat // http://mu.pirata.cat

A press release is being prepared here:

https://cat.piratenpad.de/393

Spanish, Galician and Catalan versions are ready to be sent tomorrow
Monday by 10 AM CET. Some help with English and translation to other
languages will be appreciated.

PP-Es and PP-Galicia will join this initiative, any other pirate parties
as well as PPI itself are welcome.

Sorry for the short time, we just had 1 day to get this ready.

Regards,

Kenneth Peiruza
Spokesperson @ Pirates de Catalunya
http://pirata.cat