[pp.int.general] The Threat to Estonia's Open Internet

Otto de Voogd otto at de-voogd.com
Tue Jan 24 12:00:53 CET 2012

Dear Pirates,

I'd like to share with you an article that I wrote and that was published on the website of Estonia's Public Broadcaster (the BBC of Estonia). It's an opinion piece about the threat posed by the IPR lobby to Estonia's Open Internet and in particular to the ubiquitous free WiFi that we enjoy here.

http://news.err.ee/Opinion/6e70e765-a870-4193-94c5-26ab228f14ed

The article attempts to debunk several claims that the American Chamber of Commerce in Estonia made in an open letter to two Estonian ministries last year. That letter can be found here:
http://amcham.ee/?id=102898 (the PDF link at the bottom).

Kind Regards,
Otto de Voogd

--