[pp.int.general] Court of Arbitration ruling 2012-1-A: public call for evidence

Maxime Rouquet maxime.rouquet at partipirate.org
Tue Jan 24 17:22:48 CET 2012

On 01/24/2012 04:48 PM, Andrew Norton wrote:
> I protested strongly about the manner in which it was 'filled'
> (quite literally anyone who was physically at the last General
> Assembly that wanted to be on the court was, it was filled
> immediately after it was 'added to the statutes'.

Statutes where voted on Saturday, PPI CoA members elected on Sunday.
There were 8 candidates for 7 seats.

> Remote delegates had zero input on the timing of the filling, let
> alone input on WHO took the spots.

Nobody had real input on the timing, except the very few people who
had read the statutes and asked themselves how it would be handled
with (that knew this CoA election would be a mess).

> It's because there's only 4 members still involved. That's typical
> when your only qualifications for the officer were 'be in a
> location at a certain time, physical ability to raise hand'.

On the 3 members who did not sign the last rulings, 2 have
participated to some the debates despite not having signed the final
ruling.

Sometimes, they might be in situation of conflicts of interest (for
example, a challenge coming from their national PP), that by itself
justifies not participating in the deliberation of the Court.