[pp.int.general] Other (no sot good) reaction to MU joint complaint campaign

Dario i at dario.im
Fri Jan 27 17:47:02 CET 2012

2012/1/27 Christian Hufgard <pp at christian-hufgard.de>

> On 27.01.2012 17:33, Dario wrote:
>
> > If you want tl;dr, here it goes: she just blame our name (Pirate) and she
> > childishly assumes, that all pirates (from Pirate Party) are thieves who
> > want to pay nothing. Classic.
>
> Well, that's the natural reaction if you defend a company like
> MegaUpload. You can close your eyes as hard as you want, their business
> modell is based upon earning money by selling other people's work
> without permission.
>
> The approach to focus on the user's that mght have had legal content
> there is a good idea. But if you buy at a known fence, it's your risk if
> you get harmed too. There are much better ways for legal hosting than
> MegaUpload.

Agreed, there are better ways. This is obvious for pirates but not for the
99% :) Sometimes is good to take off the pirate hat.

I just disagree in what you said about defending them. We don't
defend MU in any way. It was the main idea behind our first PR about MU, to
not defend them. Their business model was awful, as long as they didn't
respect removal requests (by current legislation). And this campaign would
apply to any other cloud provider.

--
Dario Castañé
http://www.dario.im | http://twitter.com/im_dario